Here are a few steps to help you close down for the winter.
1. Chemically balance your Pool using Pool Pride Winterizing Kit, as well as pH and Alkalinity. Filter for 24 hours
2. Pump water 3″ to 4″ below the skimmer.
3. Disconnect all hoses from the pump, filter, and pool.
4. Remove the drain plug from the filter, and place mulitport valve in the winterize position.
5. Drain all the water from the pump, remove pump from the base and store the pump inside where it is warm.
6. Remove pressure gauge, shake out the water and put gauge with the pump.
7. Build up center of the pool with an air pillow, and secure the winter cover with cable.
If you happen to be needing or missing some closing items, stop on in! We are currently fully stocked on closing kits, winter covers, and air pillows.
Don’t be afraid to call us if you’re having trouble shutting your pool down. (309) 691-7510